Biography Of Albert Szent-Györgyi



Biography Of Albert Szent-Györgyi : Albert Szent-Györgyi:

Albert Szent-Györgyi was an Austrian biochemist and Nobel laureate.

Birth:
September 16, 1893 in Budapest, Austria-Hungary

Death:
October 22, 1986 in Woods Hole, Massachusetts


Claim to Fame:

Szent-Györgyi an Austrian biochemist who was awarded the 1937 Nobel Prize in Medicine for discovering the roles of organic compounds and the oxidation of nutrients by cells, with special attention to vitamin C. He discovered and isolated a reducing acid from plant juices and adrenal gland extracts. He called this agent hexuronic acid but further study determined it to be ascorbic acid discovered earlier by Axel Holst and Alfred Fröhlich. He also identified the steps in the citric acid cycle.

Share

3 comments:

Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...